Sour sop is the fruit of Annona muricata, a broad-leaf, flowering, evergreen tree.
Sour sop is in the same genus, Annona, as cherimoya and is in the Annonaceae family.
Sour sop contains a significant amount of vitamin C, vitamin B1 and vitamin B2.
Sour sop pulp is sometimes used to make fruit nectar, smoothies, fruit juice drinks, candies, sorbets and ice cream.
- FLAVOR : Unique, intense, aromatic flavor characteristics and the juice is slightly acidic and musky.
- TEXTURE : Juicy, some fiber and smooth pulp white containing brown-black seeds.
- COLOR : Skin dark green with curved spines
- SHAPE : Formed from the numerous superior ovaries, giving them an irregular ovoid shape
- WEIGHT : 350-600 gr
- RIPENING CLUES : This fruit may provide visual clues the more darker the color, the more ripeness of the fruit. The odor also very strong as it ripens. Squeeze gently to feel the texture for the ripeness.